Quick Staging Tips For The Bedrooms, Laundry and Basement
Model homes are great examples to follow as a guide since they are decorated to a minimum. When your home is on the resale market, you need to create space for the buyers. Reducing clutter and the overall number of items in a space will allow the buyer to mentally picture themselves living in your home.
- Make the beds. Invest in new bedding if needed
- Keep closet doors closed and/or keep the walk in closet floor clean and free of laundry
- Streamline the number of photos on tables or dressers
- Store extra books/magazines/collections/clutter
- Remove posters and patch the holes and paint
1. Reduce the number of soaps/cleaners and place them in a cabinet
2. Empty sinks and clean
3. Reduce the excess hangers and laundry.
4. Make sure all lights are working and there is ample light in the room
- Be aware of musty odors and smells. Alleviate the problem by repairing troubled areas. Use deodorants and disinfectant sprays to help with odor.
- Clear drains and repairs cracks in the walls and ceiling
- Store your items neatly in one corner of the basement.
If you have any questions, email me or give me a call at 859-509-8008 and we can discuss how you can generate top dollar when selling in the Lexington KY area.
About the Author: Kim Soper is a lifelong Lexington KY resident and Co-Founder of Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Cypress. She has over 17 years experience selling real estate all over Lexington KY and the Central KY areas. Kim is the manager/Realtor of ExploreLexingtonKY.com - Home to Your Best Source for Lexington KY Real Estate!