Nine Helpful Tips When Selling Your Lexington KY Home
Helpful Tips when Selling Your Lexington KY Home:
- Make a good First impression by maintaining the grounds whether in summer or winter. Mow the lawn, rake, trim shrubs and make sure all debris is removed from the driveways and sidewalks.
- Open the shades and drapes to give maximum amount of light. Replace all burned out light bulbs. Light goes a long way to add cheerfulness to rooms.
- Fix cracked plaster, crooked light fixtures and loose doorknobs. Sometimes it is the small things that can hinder a sell more than large repairs.
- Correct any plumbing issues. Leaky faucets will discolor porcelain and can draw attention to plumbing defects.
- Fresh painting, shampooing of rugs and carpets are huge.
- Keep your pet out of the way during a showing. Make sure your home does not smell of a pet. You may not notice the smell of your pet, so ask a friend.
- Keep TV’s and radios turned off or turned down during showings. You do not want to distract prospects.
- Keep your home warm in the winter and moderately cool in hot weather.
- Never ever make any apologies for any adverse appearance of your home. This only emphasis the defects.
- Lexington Ky is always #1 in my book! Whether you want to buy a downtown condo, a custom walkout ranch on a golf course, or a horse farm in the country, I can help find the perfect home for you – as well as help you sell your home. In addition to Lexington Real Estate, I specialize in the nearby towns of Paris, Midway, Georgetown, Winchester, Nicholasville and Versailles.