How To Organize Your Garage And Outside Areas of Your Home For a Quick Sale
Model homes are great examples as they are usually decorated to a minimum. That is why when your home is on the resale market, you need to create space for the buyers. Reducing clutter and the overall number of items will allow the buyer to mentally picture themselves living in your home. These are the Two most common forgotten areas, so make sure you put this on the list.
- Clean out the garage and sweep and keep it organized!
- If you need to use the garage for storage, just use one side and keep it organized
- Don’t store items right up against the walls either – the termite inspector will need access to the walls if the buyer chooses to conduct a Wood Destroying Insect inspection.
- And make sure you do not store items in front of the electrical panel if that is in your garage. The home inspector will need to access it.
- Move Boats to a storage facility
Outside the Home
- Trim and Paint the House if needed
- Sweep all decks, porches and walkways. Also pressure wash.
- Use outdoor furniture and create a room setting of clean furniture to show buyers the usefulness of the space.
- Clean roof and gutters
- Repair broken fences
- Maintain landscaping by trimming weeding and raking the flower beds. Don’t forget the tree branches too!
For more home tips or if you would like to dicuss a very detailed plan for selling your home for top dollar, reach out to me today!
About the Author: Kim Soper is a lifelong Lexington KY resident and Co-Founder of Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Cypress. She has over 18 years experience selling real estate all over Lexington KY and the Central KY areas. Kim is the manager/Realtor of ExploreLexingtonKY.com - Home to Your Best Source for Lexington KY Real Estate!